What is Xeomin?
Xeomin is also referred to as the botulinum toxin type A.This injectable drug is obtained from the bacteria that is responsible for causing botulism. Though it is a toxic substance, it has cosmetic and therapeutic benefits when used cautiously and in the right diluted form.
Where to buy Xeomin?
You can purchase Xeomin from our online pharmaceutical store. We ship the product worldwide.
What are the uses of drug Xeomin?
The various uses of Xeomin injection are enumerated as under: 1.For the treatment of Cervical Dystonia which is a condition involving spasms in the neck muscles.
- It is used for the treatment of certain eye muscle conditions that are caused due to neural disorders. It involves uncontrolled eye blinking or eyelids spasms, and a state in which the eyes do not point in the same direction. 3.For reduction of the facial wrinkles such as frown lines which appear between the eyebrows. 4.For the treatment of upper limb spasticity in case of adults.
A healthcare professional injects Xeomin into a muscle or a gland. It is given once in 12-16 weeks.there should be a gap of at least 3 months between the 2 sessions of Xeomin injection. It is necessary that a well trained professional, with a good track record of previous such treatments should administer the injection. It may have to be injected to more than one area as per the condition for which the treatment is done. When it is used for the treatment of eye muscle conditions, then eye drops, ointment, a special contact lens or other such devices has to be used as per the doctor’s advice, to ensure that the eye surface remains protected A period of seven days is needed after the treatment for the improvement of the neck muscle spasm symptoms. The impact of the Xeomin injection is not permanent, so the treatments need to be carried out after a regular interval to ensure the continuity of its impact. Generally, the symptoms reappear after a period of 3 months. But you should know that the consequent treatments need less time before the reappearance of the symptoms in case your body develops antibodies for the botulinum toxin.
The following precautions need to be taken while opting for Xeomin treatment:
- Make sure that you visit a good physician with a successful track record of Xeomin treatments and visit him/her for follow up treatments instead of switching the healthcare providers.
- Do not forget to mention about your previous Xeomin treatment, i.e when it was done while opting for the consequent treatments. This is because using the drug more often can lead to serious side effects instead of showing better results.
- Anyone, less than 18 years must not opt for this treatment.
- Its impact on the pregnant ladies is not known, so it is better to avoid it or consult the doctor in order to prevent any chances of harm to the unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding women should avoid it or better consult the doctor to prevent any unwanted impact on the newborn. 6.avoid the treatment in case you have an injury, swelling or infection at the site where Xeomin is to be injected.
- Inform the doctor if you have Lambert-Eaton syndrome; breathing issues such as asthma or emphysema; trouble with swallowing; the weakness of the facial muscle such as droopy eyelids, weak forehead, trouble raising your eyebrows; a seizure disorder; bleeding issues; heart disease; or if you had a facial surgery before.
How Xeomin works?
Xeomin works by causing the activities of the nerve to be blocked which prevents further muscular activities.
What are the side effects of Xeomin? Xeomin has certain common side effects which are as follows:
- Facing trouble while swallowing. 2.The occurrence of pain in the muscle or bone.
- Experiencing weakness in the muscles.
- The occurrence of pain in the neck. 5.Blepharospasm. 6.The occurrence of the dryness of the eyes. Sometimes the botulinum toxin can spread to the areas that are not intended for treatment which can result in the serious side effects such as: 1.Hoarse voice and drooping eyelids. 2.Blurred vision or double vision. 3.Loss of strength and loss of bladder control. 4.Wheezing or tightness in the chest.
- Experiencing pain or irritation n the eyes. 6.The occurrence of rash or itching on the skin.
- Feeling like passing out.
- Experiencing weakness in those muscles which are not injected with Xeomin.
Dosage of Xeomin 20 units of Xeomin are used for the treatment of glabellar lines. The total treatment session is divided into five equal intramuscular injections of 4 Units each. This consists of two injections in each of the corrugator muscles and one injection in the procerus muscle. After the first session, there should be a minimum gap of 3 months before the next session.
Xeomin Overdose The impact of Xeomin is not permanent, so in case you missed a dose, then it won’t harm you. In case of an overdose, you may not find the symptoms immediately, but gradually you may notice severe muscle weakness, facing trouble while swallowing, experience weak or shallow breathing, or loss of movement in any part of your body.
Impact before and after Xeomin administration
The wrinkles and fine lines appearing on the face because of aging or other external factors get reduced by Xeomin treatment. The lines present in the brow, forehead area, crow’s feet, and other such facial wrinkles also get smoothened and the treatment imparts a fresh wrinkle-free look on the face that makes you feel younger. Xeomin vs Botox: There are some differences between Xeomin and Botox which are as follows:
- Xeomin lasts for a shorter period of 3-4 months than Botox which lasts for about 3-6 months.
- Xeomin is a refined version of the botulinum toxin as the proteins attach to it are removed but Botox has the proteins attached to the botulinum toxin.
- Xeomin has less allergic reactions as compared to Botox because of the absence of proteins implies that.
- The influence of Xeomin is noticeable after 4 days but Botox needs 72hrs for its impact to be visible. Xeomin Vs Dysport: The difference between Xeomin and Dysport are as follows:
- Xeomin’s main ingredient is botulinum toxin A in its pure form with no additives, which makes the human body less resistant to it. But Dysport has certain proteins added to it.
- An allergic reaction doesn’t occur in case of Xeomin because of its naked form but a slight allergic reaction might result in case of Dysport as the antibodies are formed after it is injected.
- Since no additives are used, you do not need to refrigerate Xeomin, but Dysport has to be refrigerated before using it.
- Dysport costs slightly less i.e about $3.99 per unit than Xeomin which costs about $5.00-5.40 per unit.
- Usually, a treatment session of Xeomin needs 20 units of Xeomin but in case of Dysport, 40 units are needed.
- The effect of Xeomin is visible after 4 days but Dysport needs 24hrs for its impact to be visible.
Questions and answers:
- Does Xeomin work? Yes, Xeomin works well in cosmetic enhancement purposes, by reducing the facial wrinkles. But its impact is not permanent.
- How long does Xeomin last? The Xeomin results last for a period of about 3-4 months. But the duration varies with individuals depending on the dosage, after which the treatment needs to be repeated.
- How much does Xeomin cost? The cost of Xeomin is almost $9 for each unit. And one treatment would cost $225.It may vary with individuals, the expertise of the doctor administering the dose to the patient and the geographical location.
- What are the Xeomin reviews? Is it positive? People who have undergone Xeomin treatment have given many positive reviews about how the Xeomin has significantly changed their appearance. The treatment is appreciated for reducing various dynamic lines such as the glabellar lines or the frown lines in the face. It also reduces the muscle contractions, thus the vertical creases between the eyebrows reduce on a temporary basis. The horizontal creases in the forehead also decrease. The crow’s feet appearing at the corner of the eyes and the bunny lines present beside the nose can disappear. The wrinkles present in the upper lip get smoothened out. The vertical cords appearing in the neck due to aging factor gets reduced. It is also known to reduce the calf and jaw muscles and treat the sweat glands of the armpits, palm, and feet in case of excessive sweating. People have experienced slight bruise and pain at the injection site but the outcome has met the desired expectations. Such side effects can be avoided if you make sure that you are getting the treatment from an experienced physician.
How to get a Xeomin prescription? If you want to reduce the different kinds of facial wrinkles that have appeared because of external factors such as stress, pollution, frowning etc or internal factors such as the natural aging process, then you can get rid of this or reduce the intensity of such wrinkles by the Xeomin treatment. On visiting a reputed physician with a good experience regarding the treatment using dermal fillers, you can get the Xeomin prescribed for you. If you do not have the prescription, then also you can purchase Xeomin from our online pharmaceutical store. We supply the product to our customers worldwide at the best price in the market. But we strongly recommend you not to take this treatment from anyone. It is essential to watch out for the previous track record of the physician from whom you will get the treatment done. This will ensure that the treatment will definitely show its best results with minimum or no side effects, thus giving you the desired outcome.