What is Supartz?
Supartz bears resemblance to a fluid present around the joints in our body, which acts as a lubricant as well as a shock absorber. This is given to a patient when other medications have become ineffective.
You can purchase Supartz from our online store. We ship the product worldwide.
What are the uses of drug Supartz?
Supartz is used for the treatment of arthritis of the knee. You need to consult the doctor, who can advise you for its other uses if any.
Supartz is administered as a shot into the knee.
How Supartz works?
Supartz works on the mechanical, cellular and biochemical processes occurring in the knee:
It enhances cartilage integrity, reduces the death of cells, enhances the joint morphology.
It reduces synovitis, stimulates the production of endogenous HA, penetrates damaged cartilage for promoting repair.
It reduces the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, decreases the production of cartilage-degrading enzymes.
What are the side effects of Supartz?
The side effects of Supartz are very rare, but you need to immediately seek medical attention in case of the appearance of severe side-effects. It may result in the following side effects:
1.The occurrence of an allergic reaction such as rashes, hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without the occurrence of fever.
2.The occurrence of wheezing.
3. Experiencing tightness in the chest or throat.
4.Facing trouble while breathing, swallowing or talking
5. The occurrence of unusual hoarseness.
6. Experiencing swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat.
7. Severe swelling.
8. Experiencing extreme irritation when the shot is given.
9. The occurrence of severe pain, stiffness or warmth in the knee.
10.The occurrence of bruises.
11. Experiencing pain in the muscles.
Dosage of Supartz
Supartz is administered through intra-articular injection 1 time in a week with a gap of 1 week for 5 injections. Sometimes, benefits can be seen after 13 injections administered weekly. Before the administration of Supartz, a lidocaine or similar anesthetic may be injected subcutaneously. A strict aseptic administration method is followed for the treatment using Supartz.
In case of an overdose of Supartz, the poison control center has to call immediately, in order to prevent the situation from getting worse.
1. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to hyaluronic acid or any ingredient of Supartz
2. Inform the doctor if you had an allergic reaction before while taking the drug such as rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; a cough; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
3. Let the doctor know if you are using a product that has ammonium salts or chlorhexidine for cleaning the area before injection.
4. If you have bleeding issues, infection or skin problem at the site where the injection is to be given, the doctor should know this before the treatment.
5. Inform the doctor in case you have a knee joint infection.
6. The doctor must know about all the prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins which you are taking so that he can tell you to avoid them if there are chances of any drug interaction.
7. Avoid taking or stopping the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
8. Do not get involved in any activity for 48 hours or as per the doctor’s advice. Avoid standing on your feet for more than an hour during the initial 48 hours of the injection.
9. Reveal about your pregnancy plans if you have any or if you are pregnant so that the doctor can advise you if this medication is appropriate for you or not.
10. Breastfeeding ladies must consult the doctor before taking the treatment in order to avoid any undesirable side effect on the newborn.
11. Ensure that the drug is away from the reach of children.
12. Dispose off the expired drugs but do not flush them in toilets. Contact with the pharmacist to know about the drug take-back program if any.
Questions and answers:
1. Does Supartz work?
Yes, Supartz is effective in resolving the arthritis problem of the knees.
2. How long does Supartz last?
The impact of Supartz lasts for a period of about 3 months.
3. How much does Supartz cost?
the cost of Supartz depends on the pharmaceutical store from where you e purchasing it. It lies in the range $200-$300
How to get Supartz prescription?
Depending on the type of pain you are experiencing in the knows, and your previous medical conditions, the doctor may prescribe Supartz for you. In case, you do not have the prescription with you, then also, you can purchase Supartz from our online store. But we recommend you to get it administered from an experienced physician in order to avail its benefits and reduce the pain in your knees.